Helen reading to James. They both really enjoyed it.
9 weeks old.
James will be content in the bumbo for a little while. It buys me a few extra minutes so I can fix myself some food or snap a few pictures.
12 weeks old.
3 months old.
A FEW FACTS ABOUT JAMES:
- * He's been wearing size 2 diapers most of this month, and he CAN fit size 3 already!
- * He weighs 15.5 pounds.
- * He's been able to roll over (tummy to back) for a few weeks now.
- * He's been trying desperately to figure out grasping objects the past few days. He gets so frustrated because he's not too coordinated yet.
- * He can lift his chest up when he's on his tummy pretty well. He hates his tummy time a lot less now that he can pick up his head better.
- * He seems to like Helen - he started to almost laugh when she did one time. And he'll smile at her.
- * We're still swaddling him for sleeping, but we're going to transition him out of it...soonish? We've started a couple of times, but he just doesn't want to sleep well without being swaddled. We were going to stick to our guns and train him to sleep without it this past weekend, but then I got sick so we decided my sleep was more important. If you have any tips for transitioning out of a swaddle, leave them in the comments, please!
- * He's getting into more of a routine with sleeping. He usually takes 4 naps a day: around 8:30 or 9:00 in the morning, 11:00 or 12:00 in the afternoon, 4:30 or 5:00 in the evening, and then 7:00. His first or second nap is usually 3 hours long. Oh yes. It's glorious. His other naps are about 45 minutes to an hour. He goes to bed between 9:00 and 10:00 at night. He wakes about 2 times at night to feed, usually at 1:45 and 4:45.
- * He's still such a calm baby for the most part. He cries most when he's tired.
And there's James' 3 month update!