Let’s be real. Having been blessed with a temperamental little girl (who cries at the drop of a hat), the last thing on my mind most days is that she’s growing up too fast. Instead, I long for the day that she can be happy for extended periods of time.
What’s that you say? 18 more years, you say? Please say it ain’t so!
Sometimes I think, she’ll be happy soon; wait another week. Sometimes I think, she’s always going to be crabby; I’ll always be on the edge, wondering if she’s going to lose it.
And then she smiles a big, sloppy, toothless grin and coos and babbles at me. And my heart melts and I want her to be like that always.
Here are some updates about how our little girl is growing.
- She’s over 14 pounds now! That’s more than twice her birth weight. Sometimes I call her porkchop. :D
- She has rolled over from her tummy to her back a half dozen times. And now she can readily roll from her back to her stomach (see this Vine).
- She learned how to reach out and grab objects. And now when I hold up things for her to touch she coos loudly – makes me laugh.
- She loves taking a shower – she had developed a strong distaste for her bath, so we tried taking her into the shower instead. Success!
- Guys. She laughed. FOR REALS.
- Helen is now taking her naps in her crib. And she fell asleep after only 3 minutes the other day! WHEW.
Helen has outgrown her crazy amounts of spitup — and exchanged it for massive amounts of drool. Which makes me wonder if she’s going to get teeth soon…
Sorry to all you non-moms for boring you with photos of my baby. Yeah, I guess I’m not. :P