Helen turned one year old on Thursday.
It has been a crazy journey. Very hard and very rewarding.
Here are a few updates since last month:
- She claps her hands when I start singing patty-cake and puts her fingers together when I sing The Itsy Bitsy Spider.
- She started being able to follow directions. When I tell her to get a book she'll walk over to the bookshelf and pick one out. For a while she would only choose the Pride and Prejudice counting book. She held it up for me to read it to her again and again and again. Then I hid it from her. I'm such a good mom.
- I also taught her to get my nursing cover for me when she's hungry. Very handy.
- Her words have just exploded. She can say dog, cat, cheese, mama, dad, Teddy, up, all done, ball, please, pretty, brrr, and probably more that I can't remember.
- She's learning where her body parts are. Sometimes she'll point to her nose, eye or belly when I ask her.
I put together a short film with highlights of Helen's firsts:
Here's a look back on her first year of life:
Born on February 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM | 6 pounds 14 ounces | 20.5 inches long
You can read her birth story HERE
Rolled over on a hard surface for the first time at 15 weeks old
She was able to sit up on her own at 5 1/2 months
She tried her first food (egg yolks) at about 5 1/2 months
Crawled for the first time a few days after she turned 6 months old
Pulled herself up to standing at a couple weeks shy of 7 months
Started walking at 9 (almost 10) months
She began doing sign language and saying a few words at 10 months
You can read all of Helen's monthly updates HERE
DISCLOSURE: Some links are affiliate.