So here I am, 6 months after giving birth. In some ways it seems ages ago that I was going through the (horrible) recovery stage, but in other ways it feels like these months have flown by.
Here's a little update about my recovery.
HOW I'M FEELING:
- I'm still a bit horrified at how difficult the recovery from my second birth was, but it's starting to become but a distant memory.
- I think my hormones are still settling down, because I've been feeling a bit depressed recently.
- This time around, I'm much more sentimental about my baby growing up. I was so excited and impatient for Helen to reach milestones. I'm still excited for James, but I can see how soon he's no longer going to be a baby (insert crying emoji).
- I still don't feel like I have my pre-pregnancy stamina. I'm just more tired that I used to be. This could be because I'm still waking 1-2 times at night to feed Jim, and also because I'm nourishing a human being with my body.
- I started to lose my hair a month or two ago. It's more annoying than disconcerting to me - there's hair everywhere in my house! And it gets all over my hands if I just brush my fingers through it.
- I still have about a 2.5 finger diastasis. I was doing this video throughout July to help close it. And I was doing this DVD as well. I'm taking a break in August because: Life + Work. Yeah.
- My stretch marks haven't really faded more, probably because I stopped putting belly balm on my tummy after every shower. I need to start doing that again...
- I'm 5'2" and weigh 107 lb. - four pounds lighter than pre-pregnancy! Nursing really helps to shed the pounds for me. | 5 Weeks PP: 114.5 lb. | Pre-pregnancy: 111 lb.
- Waist: 27" | 5 Weeks PP: 27.5" | Pre-pregnancy: 26"
- Belly: 28.5" | 5 Weeks PP: 29" | Pre-pregnancy: 27.5"
Basically I have an inch to lose from my waist and belly still...
So there's my 6 month postpartum update!
Here's a shot of my belly at 1 week, 5 weeks, and 6 months postpartum:
NOTE: Some links are affiliate. All opinions are my own.