A FEW FACTS ABOUT JAMES THIS MONTH:
- *He's still in size 4 diapers.
- *He still wears 9 month clothes. He *can* squeeze into some 6-month stuff that I haven't put away yet.
- *He's crawling! He switches back and forth between the army crawl and a more regular crawl. He just can't quite get the rhythm down! He can also go from crawling to sitting easily. You can watch a video of his funky monkey crawling HERE.
- *I started him on solids! He was just SO hungry all the time. I was getting worn out by all the nursing he wanted to do. So far he has had banana, egg yolk, butter, cream, avocado, squash and squash soup (it had chicken broth, squash, cream, and butter), beef soup (I cooked some grass-fed beef in chicken broth, pureed it, and served with cream), pear, and peach. His favorite by far is pear. He's not super keen on egg yolks.
- *He's been saying "mom" or "mama" a lot more lately. Now sure if he knows what he's saying yet...
- *James got his first two teeth (front bottom)! His first one popped out around August 24. Now I have to be careful sticking my fingers in his mouth!
- *He still has a bit of stranger anxiety every once in a while.
- *He usually only wakes up once to nurse every night. He sleeps anywhere from 10-11 hours. I don't check the time he wakes up very much anymore, but the other night he slept for about 6 hours before waking up!
- *James is still taking 3 naps a day: One in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the late afternoon/early evening. His first nap is usually about 1 1/2 - 2 hours long, and his second two are about 45-60 minutes.
So there's James' 7 month update!