James turned 9 months old over a week ago, so it's high time I update y'all on what he's been up to.
He's been doing so many new things this month!
EVERYTHING has to go in his mouth. I have to retrieve SO many little leaves from his mouth every day. When will he learn that they are not good to eat?!
This face makes up for it.
And this one. Oh my goodness.
Trying to be cute. And succeeding. :D
Pushing around the little Radio Flyer.
Life's hard when you're too short to watch Dora the Explorer. :P I love how James figured out a way to hold himself out at arm's length from the desk to get a better viewing angle.
And yes, my house is usually this messy at the end of the day because: kids + work.
Playing the piano!
Such a serious little guy! When he sees something he's interested in, he assumes an intense face and crawls towards it as fast as his little legs and arms will take him.
He was not cooperating for a smile that day...
A FEW FACTS ABOUT JIM THIS MONTH:
- He's still wearing size 4 diapers.
- He weighs about 21 pounds.
- He can still fit into 9 month clothes, but 12 month is starting to fit him better.
- I started him on some new dairy: cheese and yogurt. He isn't super thrilled about either, but he'll eat them.
- He has been "talking" a lot! He tries to say Helen, Dada, Mama, hi, head, and "Mmmmm" when he wants more.
- He sometimes waves back at me.
- He likes to play peek-a-boo by pulling and blanking up and down in front of his face.
- He climbed up a short flight of stairs!
- He pulls himself up on our piano and plays it.
- He pointed at some dogs the other day.
- He "dances" to music by bobbing up and down.
- He cruises along furniture, scoots things around and walks behind them, and bridges the gap to make a transition to a different piece of furniture.
- He started tilting his head to the side or up to be cute.
- When I ask him where his head is, he pats his head.
- James' napping schedule is about the same as last month. We had a rough few days this month. James got sick, and Daylight Saving Time ended at around the same time. He woke up (for good) at 4:30 AM one day. Ew. I usually can't function before 6. But now he's basically back to normal.
So there's Jim's 9 month update!