I CANNOT believe that my little boy will a year old next month.
Here's what he's been up to this month:
He got to hold his little cousin Charlotte! He didn't quite know what to think of it - he kept holding his breath the whole time.
He LOVES his little cousins. If I tell him that Reina/Emily/Charlotte is here, he has to stop nursing and confirm. :D
Sitting at the table like a big boy.
Helping Daddy with a project.
He is very interested in anything mechanical.
I have a series on my Instagram stories: #ThePlacesIFindJim -- James is much more adventurous about climbing on things than Helen was. I find him is some pretty funny places...
A FEW FACTS ABOUT JIM THIS MONTH:
- He's signing! Early this month he finally figured it out. He uses sign language for "more" (see THIS video) and "milk" - it's nice that he can communicate his needs a little better now.
- He also shakes his head no to be silly. I'm not sure if he knows what it means, but he knows he'll get a smile from Mom...
- James has gotten SO cuddly. And I adore it. Helen was never a very cuddly kid, so I'm savoring this. Sometimes, after his early morning nursing session, he crawls over to Reuben to get his daddy cuddles. And sometimes he cuddles after I take him to task for something...already learning how to get out of trouble by being cute. ;)
- He isn't walking yet! Reuben and I predicted that he'd walk by Christmas, but he's taking his good old country time. He stands briefly and balances. And he's pretty good at using a walker (see THIS video). But he's pretty resistant to walking on his own.
- He smacks his lips just before nursing or eating. It's so cute.
- Still in size 4 diapers.
- He's wearing 12 month clothes.
- He weighs about 21 pounds.
- His sleeping schedule is basically the same as last month: he has 2 naps a day (one in the morning, one in the afternoon), and he usually goes to bed around 7 and wakes up around 6. Ew (I'm not a morning person).
So there's Jim's 11 month update! I can't believe that next month will be my final monthly update for him! :(