And just like that, James is one year old!
This little guy loves to feed himself. Sometimes he'll eat with his spoon...sometimes he won't.
Enjoying his birthday cupcake + ice cream (all homemade).
Daddy got him a toy drill for his birthday. He adores it.
Here's a video of him trying ice cream for the very first time.
A FEW FACTS ABOUT JAMES THIS MONTH:
- He has taken a few steps, and several of them were unprompted. I think he's so close to walking, but he's still pretty resistant to the idea.
- He's learning to point to his different body parts! So far he points to his nose and head most consistently, but he's also learning eye and mouth.
- He popped another tooth on his bottom right side. So he has a total of 7 teeth now.
- His favorite thing to say it "hot" - if he sees a stove, fire, or light (even in a video), he starts saying it over and over. I think it makes him feel important.
- His sleeping schedule finally changed, but I'm not sure if it's for the better or not. Now he usually wakes to eat at around 6:30, then goes back to sleep for an hour or two. It's nice to get to sleep in, but it's not nice to have to wake up and feed him. Also, I think he's transitioning from 2 to 1 nap a day...sometimes he just refuses to take his second nap! But other days it's obvious that he still needs it.
- He loves to feed himself. I'm really happy that I don't have to spoon feed him, but Reuben doesn't love that he gets so messy.
- He's still in size 4 diapers and wears 12 month clothes.
- He weighs about 21 pounds, and is about 30 inches tall. That means he gained about 13 pounds and grew about 9 inches in his first year of life!
So there's the last monthly update for James!